- Created: 23.12.2020
- Updated: 01.12.2023
- Read: 14580
- As part of one of the largest events in the field of digital technologies in Central Asia – ICTWeek Uzbekistan - 2023, held in Tashkent city, among government organizations and enterprises that are actively involved in the development of “digital government” and showed effective results in the field of digitalization, JSC Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company was awarded in the category “Best enterprise for the implementation of digital technologies”.
- Kitco (Canada) reported the world’s Top 10 largest gold mining companies by production in H1 2023. According to this list, Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company took 5th place and became one of the world leaders in gold production.
- A modern specialized boarding school for 504 places, built by Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company, was put into operation in Tamdy district of Navoiy region.
- The London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) awarded Navoi mining and metallurgical combinat the certificate confirming the successful completion of the next tests for full compliance with market requirements.
- There was launched the first mill unit on the Hydrometallurgical Plant №6 - the Complex for the extraction and processing of gold ores at the Pistali deposit, located on the territory of Nurata district of Navoi region.
- Kitco (Canada) reported the world’s top 10 largest gold mines in 2022. According to this list, the Muruntau mine became one of the world leaders in gold mining last year.
- On the eve of the Day of mining and metallurgical industry’s employees of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the crushing and screening complex №1 was launched at the Muruntau chalk-stone deposit. The development of the reserves of this deposit will make it possible to provide the needs of hydrometallurgical plants for chalk.
- JSC Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company, having scored 76.2 points, showed one of the highest performance indicators and took 5th place in the Openness Index 2022, aimed at assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the work done on openness in government agencies and organizations. In the context of joint-stock companies of this index, Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company took the 1st place among 22 large industrial enterprises and companies.
- There was launched a unified situational production control center at the Central Mining Administration. The main task of this center, which is located at Hydrometallurgical plant №2, is to fully control, analyze and manage the processes of geological exploration, ore mining, transportation and processing at hydrometallurgical plants.
- A new modern smelting furnace for 25 tons was launched in the Foundry unit of Navoi Machine-Building Plant. The necessary molding equipment for this furnace was manufactured directly at the plant. The new furnace will increase the production capacity of the Foundry by 30 percent or bring it up to 40 000 tons per year.
- The first explosion took place at the Pistali deposit, located on the territory of Nurata district of Navoi region. The implementation of this project will allow further processing of 4 million tons of ore per year. In the near future, it is planned to extract more than 40 million tons of ore at the Pistali deposit.
- In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated December 12, 2022, specialists of Joint Stock Company Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company Kuvandik Sanakulov, Nikolay Snitka, Rustamjon Usmanov, Ulugbek Ergashev, Otabek Mustakimov were awarded the State Prize of the first degree in science and technology for scientific and practical work “Development and implementation of an integrated technology for the development and processing of technological and refractory gold-bearing ores”.
- For the first time in the history of the mining industry of Uzbekistan, the depth of the mine reached 1 000 meters at the industrial site “Zarmitan”.
- There was put into operation a 35-kilometer railway line connecting the Tamdybulak deposit with Hydrometallurgical plant-2 on the territory of Tamdy district.
- There was opened a modern sports facility – a handball hall in Navoi city.
- The State Assets Management Agency of the Republic of Uzbekistan has published an analysis of the financial statements of enterprises with state participation. Accordingly, the analysis of financial statements for 2021, the company with the largest net profit and dividends was Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company.
- The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan has published the publication “Budget for citizens”, consisting of indicators for 2022. On page 14 of this publication, a forecast is presented for the share of the largest taxpayers in the State budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2022. According to the forecast, the share of "Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company" Joint-Stock Company will be 20.2%.
- Kitco (Canada) reported the world’s top 10 largest gold mines in 2021. According to this list, Muruntau mine became the world leader in gold mining in 2021. Last year, Muruntau mine produced more than 2 million ounces of gold.
- Within the framework of investment projects implemented by “NMMC” JSC, there was performed the first blasting work and was begun mining at the Balpantau and Tamdybulak deposits in Tamdy district.
- There was held the opening ceremony of a modern preschool educational organization for children with disabilities in Zarafshan town. A modern educational organization with all amenities is designed for 72 places. It is planned to admit children with disabilities living in Zarafshan town, Uchkuduk and Tamdy regions to this organization. The kindergarten is equipped with special medical equipment. Classes are planned to be held in groups according to established programs. Elevators are installed in two blocks of a two-storey building, consisting of three blocks.
-The construction of Hydrometallurgical Plant-5 was started during the visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan to Navoi region in March 2017. After the completion of this project, the annual production capacity of the ore processing plant will reach 5 million tons, which will create 3.5 thousand new jobs. The first 2 mills of the plant were commissioned in 2021.
- There was held the opening of Hydrometallurgical plant-7, which will process 15 million tons of technogenic waste per year, at the Central mining administration. At HMP-7, on the basis of modern technologies, products are obtained from processed (technogenic) ores. The difference between the plant and other hydrometallurgical plants of the company is that, thanks to the technologies used here, it is possible to process and obtain products from processed ore.
- The construction of a Working town, consisting of housing and dormitories for 1.5 places, for employees of the Auminzo-Amantoy mine and Hydrometallurgical Plant-5 has been completed. In particular, 4 living buildings with 16 beds and 14 dormitories were commissioned. The total area of the town is 9 hectares. All conditions for employees have been created here.
- There was put into operation of the Northeast Cyclical flow technology complex within the framework of the investment project “Development of the Muruntau quarry. Phase V” at the Muruntau mine in the Central mining administration. Its total capacity is 7 thousand tons per hour. All the necessary conveyors for the complex were manufactured at Navoi machine-building plant.
- There was put into operation a process line for a mobile (portable) laying unit at the Guzhumsay mine. This facility, erected as part of the investment project "Increasing the production capacity of the Guzhumsay mine for the extraction of 100 thousand tons (up to 650 thousand tons) of ore", serves to prevent subsidence of the earth's surface in the mine and ensure safety.
- Also there was put into operation a the building of a mine hoisting machine and a shaft of a pile driver, built on the site of the “Glavniy” shaft at the Zarmitan mine. As a result, convenience was created for lowering and lifting workers, cargo to the horizons of the “Glavniy” shaft and transporting the mined ore to the surface. Now it is possible to descend to a depth of 930 meters and raise reserves from the lower levels of the earth to the surface.
- As part of the first and the second stages of the investment project to increase the capacities of Hydrometallurgical plant №7 there were put into operation four mill blocks at HMP-7. On the basis of modern technologies products are obtained from processed (technogenic) ores at plant. When plant will be launched at full capacity, it will process 15 million tons of industrial waste per year.
- As part of an investment project to expand the processing capacities of Hydrometallurgical plant №2 there were launched mill blocks №29, 30 at HMP-2. The launch of these blocks is aimed at a gradual increase in the processing of gold ore the plant.
- There was launched a high-tech complex for the production of gold and silver measured ingots on the basis of the existing finished products department at Hydrometallurgical plant №2.
- In 2017, there was began the implementation of an investment project for the construction of Hydrometallurgical plant №5 on the basis of “Auminzo-Amantoy” mine in Central mining administration. Today, construction work continues at this facility. After putting into operation of the first stage of plant, it is planned to process 2 million tons of sulfide ore per year. After the full launch of the enterprise, HMP-5 will process 5 million tons of ore per year.
- There was opened a new hand-molded section in the foundry of Navoi machine-building plant. With the launch of a new molding section, the volume of steel casting for the production of mining equipment increased by 2000-2200 tons per year.
- There was put into operation a section for galvanizing metals at Takhiatash plant of metal structures and non-standard equipment in Takhiatash region of the Republic of Karakalpakstan.
- The high-tech complex – filtration, drying and roasting unit was put into operation at Hydrometallurgical plant №3 in Northern mining administration. This complex, built in cooperation with the German company Engineering Dobersek, is aimed at further improving the technology for processing gold sulfide ores from the Kokpatas and Daugistau deposits. Thanks to its advanced engineering and technical solutions, the level of technological equipment, the complex has no analogues in the world.
- There was put into operation a new mine with a depth of 500 meters and a diameter of 6 meters in “Guzhumsay” mine of Southern mining administration. With the launch of the mine, the project capacity of “Guzhumsay” mine reached 550 thousand tons of gold ore per year.
- There was put into operation a site for the production of rare and rare-earth metals at Geotechnological mine №4 of Mining administration №5. The technology for obtaining ammonium (rhenium) perrhenate, which is used in this area, is an innovative project developed by NMMC’s specialists. In addition, 90 percent of the equipment installed at the site was completed as part of the localization program.
2019 – The London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) awarded Navoi mining and metallurgical combinat the certificate confirming the successful completion of the next tests for full compliance with market requirements.
2017 – For the first time in the history of mining and metallurgical industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan, specialists of Navoi mining and metallurgical combinat were awarded the Gold medal of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) of the United Nations for the development and implementation of the “Method for extracting gold from refractory sulfide gold-arsenic ores”.
2017 – Navoi mining and metallurgical combinat was honored with the European Society for Quality Research award in the gold category for its outstanding commitment, assistance and efforts in maintaining and improving achievements in quality management.
1999 – Certificate of membership of the Association for advanced technologies in the mining industry (Delaware, USA).
1998 – bronze medal at the 26th International salon in Geneva.
1997 – the gold of the NMMC was awarded the quality certificate of the Tokyo industrial goods exchange.
1994 – the gold of NMMC was awarded the status of “Optimal Delivery” by the arbitration laboratory of the London association of the precious metals market.