- Innovative technologies
- Created: 23.12.2020
- Updated: 14.07.2021
On October 12, 2020, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a meeting on measures to improve the system for protecting intellectual property objects. It was noted at the meeting that Navoi mining and metallurgical combinat has registered 35 inventions over the past ten years, the economic effect of 16 of which amounted to more than 400 billion soums.
Today more than ten thousand people with higher education work in NMMC, including 27 candidates of sciences and 9 doctors of sciences.
In 2018, in order to develop researchs and innovative activities there was created the Innovation center and was adopted the Program for the Innovative development of Navoi mining and metallurgical plant until 2026 at the plant. The introduction of 105 innovative projects of the program into production will create great prerequisites for increasing the efficiency of mining and processing of gold-bearing ores and uranium, reducing the cost of production and expanding the number of export products.
At the plant system today effectively operates:
- Innovation center
- Central research laboratory
- Central construction bureau
- Central project bureau
- Central physico-chemical laboratory in Northern mining administration
- Central plant laboratories at Hydrometallurgical plants №2, 3
The plant successfully cooperates with leading foreign institutions: “OUTOTEC” (Finland), JSC “VNIPIPROMTEXNOLOGIYA”, JSC “VNIIXT”, JSC “RIVS”, VNIMI, JSC “Irgiredmet” (Russia), “Integra-Group” (USA), LLC “Integra RU” (Russia), “ENGINEERING DOBERSEK GmbH” (Germany), as well as domestic universities and research institutions: SE “NIIMR”, Institute of microbiology, Tashkent state technical university, National university of Uzbekistan, Navoi state mining institute, High technology experimental center, Institute of nuclear physics, O'zGEORANGMETLITI.
The main directions of innovative development of NMMC:
- Geological exploration
- Mining works
- Processing and enrichment
- Mechanical engineering and metallurgy
- Automation, information and communication technologies
- Labor protection and industrial safety
- Ecology and environmental protection
The introduction of innovative developments will allow solving problems:
- outstripping development of the mineral resource base, ensuring an increase in the growth of industrial reserves of minerals;
- reducing the cost of mining and specific costs of materials and reagents, fuel, energy costs, operating costs for the maintenance of mining equipment;
- completeness of subsoil mining, comprehensive and economically rational mining of minerals, taking into account environmental protection and safety of work;
- complex processing of gold-bearing, uranium and black shale ores;
- obtaining rare and rare earth metals;
- localization of technological equipment and spare parts;
- ensuring safe working conditions;
- ensuring timely analysis and forecasting, timely response to prevent possible accidents and incidents at hazardous production facilities of NMMC;
- reducing the negative impact of the plant’s production on the environment;
- increasing the reliability and safety of production equipment;
- increasing the level of organizational management of production processes;
- increasing the range of export-oriented manufactured products;
- predicting and preventing the risks of developing professional diseases.