Particular attention is paid to the social protection of 43 thousand employees of “Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Company” Joint-Stock Company, 7 thousand employees of “Navoiyuran” State Enterprise, 9 thousand employees of “NMMC Fund” State Organization, as well as more than 4 thousand teachers and students of the Navoi State Mining Institute. This work is carried out by the Council of trade union of NMMC’s employees and its 7 committees, 45 primary organizations in the units of the company.
The main goal of the Council of trade union of NMMC’s employees is to protect the professional, social, economic, spiritual, environmental, intellectual and legitimate interests of trade union members.
The Council of trade union of NMMC’s employees in order to achieve its goals, performs the following tasks:
- represents and defends the legitimate interests of trade union members in state and public organizations, provides them with legal and material assistance;
- initiates the development and conclusion of a collective agreement between NMMC’s employees and the employer in the interests of the workers, controls its implementation;
- participates in the consideration of plans for the economic and social development of the enterprise, the distribution of profits, the organization and use of the wage fund, the regulation of employment processes, the training and retraining of personnel;
- exercises public control over compliance with labor legislation, labor protection and the environment, healthy and safe working conditions for employees, proper working conditions, compliance with the legislation on social insurance and health care, social security of workers, living conditions and other social protection;
- organizes and conducts health-improving work among employees and members of their families for treatment in sanatoriums, health improvement and recreation for children, development of culture, tourism, mass physical culture and sports institutions;
- promotes the development of a system of social partnership, the implementation of the principles of trilateral cooperation between employers’ associations, state and executive bodies and trade unions;
- agrees with the employer on the procedure for remuneration, forms of material incentives, wages (monthly), labor standards and the expression of these rights in a collective agreement, agreements.
Chairman of the Council of trade union of NMMC’s employees: Isroil Rakhmatov.